Holi, the festival of colours and brotherhood, is all around. The colour boom is beautiful, but what follows this celebration is terrifying. Hair gets rough, and skin becomes dry. Here are a few simple home remedies to offer you care for your skin and hair.
Below are some post-holi skin & hair care tips to restore your skin’s natural glow:
- Cleanse your face properly– When you go home after Holi, the first thing you should do is properly wash your face with water and a herbal face wash or facial cleanser. Slowly massage every part of your face, including your eyes, nose, lips, and ears, to get away from all the colours.
- Exfoliate your skin– Exfoliating is one of the most effective post-Holi skincare procedures for removing dead skin cells and cleansing the skin thoroughly. One of the most basic and natural exfoliators is coconut oil and sugar, or you can also use coffee and sugar.
- Skin Icing– Apply ice wrapped in a clean towel to the affected areas to calm your skin and reduce redness and burns. Use an excellent moisturiser to rejuvenate your skin when everything is clean and done. Coconut oil, almond oil, and olive oil are the most natural pressed oils that can be used to safeguard the skin.
- Wash and conditioner your Hair: Firstly, Wash your hair with normal water to remove most of the colour as soon as you reach home. Then, wash your hair using a light herbal shampoo and a nourishing conditioner. Allowing the conditioner to sit on your hair strands for 10 minutes may help them restore their suppleness. The colour may remain on the skull, but it will pass in a day or two, so don’t worry. In such cases, avoid washing your hair twice on the same day since this may cause your hair to grow drier.
- Massage your Hair- Massage your hair with oil every day for a week after the festival and wash it the next day to ensure adequately nourished. For the next few weeks, try to use natural DIY masks as hair treatments to help your hair regain its healthy vitality and lustre. A honey and yoghurt mask is one of the most excellent ways to cure dry hair. You may also use a hair mask made of curd and lemon juice. To acquire colour-free and softer tresses, apply these masks to your scalp and hair and wash away after 30 minutes.
So, enjoy this festival of love and colours to the fullest and make sure to remember the points mentioned above and take good care of your skin and hair. Have a wonderful and safe Holi!