by Shahnaz HusainCategories: Hair Care , Blogs
Did you know that though the severity of it differs from person to person, dandruff affects about 50% of people! It is a common condition that causes the skin on one’s scalp to flake. While not contagious or harmful, it can be embarrassing, difficult to treat and can cause itchiness and irritation.
Before we dive into its treatment, let’s understand the causes of dandruff-
Causes of Dandruff
- Oily or irritated skin
- Dry sin
- Not shampooing enough or using an improper shampoo
- Sensitivity to hair care products
- Other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema
- Dry scalp
- Skin flakes on your scalp, hair, eyebrows, beard or mustache, and shoulders
- Scaly, crusty scalp in infants with cradle cap
Severity of Symptoms can worsen if you’re stressed.
No matter the cause, everyone wants to get rid of dandruff as soon as possible! Follow these tips and say goodbye to dandruff! –
- Manage your stress with yoga and meditation
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Invest in a good quality shampoo and use it often (not too much either!)
- Get out in the sun – Sunlight is good for controlling dandruff but too much of it can be harmful as well!
- Limit artificial hair styling products as they can damage your scalp and make it oilier.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oilhas various powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce symptoms of dandruff
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil’s antibacterial qualities may increase skin moisture and alleviate eczema and dandruff problems.
- Aloe Vera – Antibacterial and antifungal activities are found in aloe vera. As a result, it may aid in reducing irritation and dandruff symptoms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is supposed to aid in the removal of dead skin cells and the pH balance of the scalp. Furthermore, test-tube studies indicate that it may inhibit the growth of certain forms of fungus.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda contains antifungal qualities and may aid in the relief of itching and skin irritation.
Although dandruff can be a distressing condition, there are several natural solutions that may help lessen symptoms and bring comfort.
Try a handful of these natural cures the next time you see flakes.
Write a review