We all seek happiness in different things, different places. All of us have different approaches to different circumstances and expect different rewards. Similarly, beauty has a different definition for all of us and we all walk through different paths to achieve it. Then how can skin care be same for everyone?
Did you know that there are 5 basic skin types – normal, oily, dry, combination and sensitive?
The reason for us having a particular skin type is a mixture of climate, genetics, and skin habits. Each skin type requires a different beauty routine, different products, and even different diet!
We have broken down the skincare you should be following for each skin type as follows-
- Normal Skin Type – If you have a normal skin type, it means it’s well balanced. It is important to stay hydrated and eat healthy, along with following a basic skincare regime. Use a good quality sunscreen, moisturize and cleanse your face before sleeping.
- Oily Skin Type – Oily skin has a greasy appearance with big pores and is prone to breakouts. If you have oily skin, moisturize regularly, wash your face twice a day, and most importantly, stay hydrated!
- Dry Skin Type – Dry skin often feel tight and flaky with an uneven texture. Make moisturizing a regular habit to keep your skin hydrated. Do not over-wash your face. Use a humidifier to keep your face moist and regularly use sunscreen.
- Combination Skin Type – Combination skin is a mixture of two skin types – dry skin and oily skin. Use a gentle cleanser and exfoliate your skin once in a while and invest in oil-free sunscreen.
- Sensitive Skin Type- Sensitive skin feel itchy, tight and is more prone to skin problems. If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test before applying any new product. Do not overdo your skincare routine and try to invest in herbal and organic products.
Embrace your natural skin type and make sure you care for it in the appropriate way. You are beautiful!